Friday, March 16, 2012

winning....

Last night was the opening for the Student Art Show. Two of my pieces was accepted into the show and I won the Merit Award for Illustration! I was quite surprised, but what's even more surprising was the award was for my Haus print.






Why surprised? Because of all my prints I think this is the worst. I love the illustration, yes, but (being the artist that I am) I hate how unsuccessful my printing technique was. BUT it won the award AND last month when I had my work critique by Pixar animator Neil Helm, he said he loved this print! I'm crazy right? Yeah, crazy. 

So speaking for not being so hard on yourself, check out this new read! 

It's an amazing book for artist, but especially for the new-be's.  Let me just give you a taste of this sucker.

"Making art now means working in the face of uncertainty; it means living with doubt and contradiction, and for which there may be neither audience nor reward"

"In large measure becoming an artist consists of learning to accept yourself, which makes your work personal, and in following your own voice, which makes your work distinctive."

"Quitting is fundamentally different from stopping. The latter happens all the time. Quitting happens once. Quitting means not starting again- and art is all about starting again."

Yummy stuff huh?! Now go be inspired and create! 

No comments:

Post a Comment