Thursday, October 27, 2011

book cover...

The second assignment for Intro to Illustration was to do a book cover. Wanting to try my hand at fashion illustration, I chose a book that would fit that style, Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palanhuik. For two weeks I did thumbnails for my concept, but nothing was working. A week before my finale project I threw all those crappy ideas and came up with a totally different concept. CHECK it!

original: water color, paper, and graphic pen

edited in Photoshop and type added in InDesign

Awesome huh? I'm pretty happy about it. If you didn't notice, I forgot the "I" in between the "V" and the "S" in the original. I didn't realize this until AFTER I had carefully cut out the letters from the tissue paper. Luckily, Photoshop was there to save the day. Anyway, let me know what you think and whether I should stick with the Helvetica or change it to Fuetura. Thanks much!

No comments:

Post a Comment