Tuesday, November 22, 2011

band poster...

For our next project in Intro to Illustration we had to do an illustrative advertisement. I chose to do a band poster for The Avett Brother's New Year's Eve concert. I decided to be ambitious and do a block print...with three different colors. Yeah, three blocks. Did I mention that this was my first time doing a block print? Yup, ambitious. So here's the process...


Finished blocks. 


Matt being helpful.




So if you can see from the photos, I had some trouble with the ink. How did I fix it? Well, at first I decided to paint it. Since it was Sunday night and I didn't have access to my locker which had my paints and brushes, I had to wait till today. Long story short, I started painting it at 7 am. Had to go to class at 8, decided to do it digital, but then a friend told me to just paint it because doing it digital would lose the aesthetic. So I painted and inked it...volia!





No comments:

Post a Comment