Friday, April 13, 2012

nostalgia....

I just finished watching Midnight in Paris.


Can I just vent a little here? Maybe vent isn't the right word, but I'm feeling a little nostalgic because of this film (which I'm in love with) and I need to let it out. First off, it'll be the one year mark that I was in Paris. Seriously, one minute into the movie and I wanted to turn it off from sheer depression. Let's face it, if your a romantic like me (and like the character in the film) you'd be just as emotional about Paris. Second, all the artist depicted in this film reminded me of my younger years when I didn't know I wanted to be an artist, but I knew that I loved Monet, Picasso, Degas, etc. and I wanted to do what they did. It's because of them, I am who I am today, an artist. Cliche I know, but it's true and I need to give credit where credit is due. So thank you great artist of the past and thank you great artist of today who continue to inspire me. 

So a little tribute of past artist who started me on my artistic journey.












No comments:

Post a Comment